Zombie Rules of Conduct
Put on a good show! Stay in character but don't get carried away.
1. Use the "haunted house" rule in that you are not to touch anyone.
2. Do not attempt to scare anyone who is not a willing participant. If anyone is freaking out, turn and shamble in the opposite direction. Avoid confrontations! Please do not attempt to push your way into any business if you are not welcome.
3. If your walk is anywhere near streets or roadways, stay on the sidewalk unless crossing the street. When crossing, it's OK to "break character" and cross quickly. Think fast "New Dawn of the Dead" zombies verses the slower "Old Dawn of the Dead" zombies when crossing the street. Blocking traffic is a crime and anyone doing so could be arrested.
4. No drugs.
5. No alcohol unless it is permitted (some bars may have extension of premises permits, etc.) Keep in mind you might be asked for a picture ID at the bars and your zombie face might not match your picture ID. If you are refused entry, please understand the doorman is only doing his job.
6. No littering, destruction of property, or any other illegal activity. This includes smearing fake blood, banging on windows, etc. Pretend the location of the walk is your own neighborhood and show the utmost respect. This event is something that could become a tradition, so we don't want to ruin it. Remember, the media will be watching (along with the police) and this event could get world wide news coverage. Let's put on a good show.
PLEASE DO NOT SMEAR OR SPILL FAKE BLOOD ON WINDOWS, SIDEWALKS, ETC. This adds up to a very expensive clean up and could make future events impossible. Please, keep your blood to yourself. Thank you.